THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING TO FOLLOW MY BLOG!!

Mar 24, 2011

Stenciling of a Vintage Picnic Basket

My plan was to try the pencil transfer technique to stencil on the front of this vintage picnic basket. Unfortuneately, the transfer did not work well on the uneven surface of the basket so, I had to go to plan B.
I taped my print out on the window and carefully traced around each letter.

Then, I carefully colored in each letter with heavy pencil lead.


Then, I turned my print out over and placed it on the top of the picnic basket and repeated the process of tracing the letters and coloring them in once again with pencil lead. This time right side up!


Then, I used a paint pen and colored over the penciled lettering.



This is how it turned out!



I really like it however, I would have preferred the lettering of the front of the basket!! Now, I'm using this technique on several other things around the house. I is a nice alternative to stenciling which I completely stink at!
Take care,
B





6 comments:

  1. Too cute! Love the idea of using a picnic basket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out great! ......love anything with black numbers and letters!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog from a comment on SassyTrash. Your creations are so creative and fabulous. I love all of them. I am happily your newest follower!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete