THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING TO FOLLOW MY BLOG!!

Mar 1, 2011

Unconventional Home Accents Using Old Bottles, Door Knobs, Drawer Pulls, and Crystals

In a wooded area behind our community park in the early 30's and 40' was used as a trash dump. I like to go back there and see what kind of treasures I can dig up. I have dug up dozens of old bottles which I have a strong affection for. I use them as sort of an unconventional home decor. I had the idea of dressing them up a bit by using drawer pulls, door knobs, crystals, and old keys. I had fun with this project and I like the way it transformed my trash to a little treasure!
A few bottles I recently dug up waiting to be cleaned. I really need to find a good tip for cleaning these things????

Before

After





Take care,

B

8 comments:

  1. that is a great display and so fun that u dug up the bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old bottles too! Try Denture cleaner... it helps a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bren, So pretty! I really like your bottle collection and the make-shift bottlestoppers are adorable. I use coarse kosher salt and ice cubes inside bottles (or coffee pots) and swirl it around to break up the grime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Appreciate this post. Will try it out.

    Feel free to visit my weblog :: Teen Sex

    ReplyDelete