THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING TO FOLLOW MY BLOG!!

Oct 11, 2009

Two Part Post: Scare Crow Festival and Glitter Crow Project


These images are from a scare crow festival that I went to over the weekend. As you pull up to the farm you are greeted by the cast of the Wizard of Oz. As you drive back to the barn the entire yard outside of the old farm house is a wedding setting and the attendees are all scare crows. The sun was just about to set and the yard had an ominous feeling about it. It was so fun. For $25.00 you could build your own scare crow with the help of the experts.



Below is a simple craft project that I did over the weekend. Essentially, all you need is a piece of crow clip art that you can trace onto a piece of wood and then just simply cut it out. Then, I would suggest painting the crow black. Once dry, paint the crow with Elmer's glue and sprinkle generously with glitter. Then, I used a scrap piece of wood that I painted orange and wrote the words trick or treat with a paint pen. From there, I used a sign that I purchased on clearance and glued it to the back of the crow to allow it to stand. Then, I drilled a hole in the piece of wood that says trick or treat and inserted the rod into the wood and there you have it a simple glittered crow project.



4 comments: