THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING TO FOLLOW MY BLOG!!

Sep 14, 2009

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like . . . My Favorite Time Of The Year

I know I may be rushing things a bit but, Halloween is big in my family. The sister's have already decorated their homes and I am well on my way. I thought I would share just a few of my decorating ideas that I think are fun and hopefully you will too. I purchased this silver tray at garage sales over the weekend and so I thought I would share how I incorporated into Halloween decor.

Here I just used candles and orange lights in the fireplace, since it's to warm to build a fire and it's a safer alternative with three kids. I looks amazing at night.

Remember this jar I got last weekend, well I filled it with candy sticks and it looks so festive!

Here I used a key I purchased at Hobby Lobby and I attached a piece of card stock that I printed the words "key to the dungeon" and I hang it next to the basement door. To give it an aged appearance, I just lightly brushed a burnt umber over the paper. My kids get a kick out of it. Check back soon for more fun and bewitching decorating ideas to come!

9 comments:

  1. Wow - I love that key! Your decor looks great ... I'm really getting in to the Fall decor myself. I'll be sad when it's over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything! Great idea for the fireplace too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....now you are inspiring me to start decorating for Hallowe'en as well....I went looking for pumpkins on the w/e for a project I want to do, but believe it or not, they're not for sale anywhere here yet!!
    Your decorating looks great.
    xojanis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas...you know I love old keys so I think I will be "stealing" your key to the dungeon idea! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the key!! I love the orange lights in the fireplace too! So much fun. I was shopping in the Halloween section of a decorating store last weekend and I actually heard the woman behind me say, "I hate Halloween". When I gasped out loud, I had to turn around and say something. I just said, "seriously????" In a very, 'I can't believe it' way. Because, seriously, what's there not to love???? I know you're with me here, Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT BLOG, STOP BY & SAY HI I'M HAVING A CONTEST :) GIO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the orange lights in the fireplace!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I am over from Cozy Little House. Liked the name of your blog and am looking forward to going over some back posts of yours.
    You might like to join in a party I'm hosting. "Doors of Welcome".
    Pop over to my blog and take a look! See my August 31st post.
    Nice to meet you. I'll be back!
    LOVE THE KEY!!!!! I wish I had a basement!!!

    ReplyDelete